Perhaps there’s no such person in the world who wouldn’t like to be happy. We all aim at it, but not everyone succeeds. There are rules to this game of life, and as simple as they sound they can be somewhat hard to do! With a little bit of Mindful Meditation and Happiness, you will soon be on your way!
So how to be happy in life?
- Acknowledge that the triumphs are the golden key to opportunity. You have the choice to let it make you or break you!
- Remember we are here for the journey and the destination is forever changing! So have fun!
It’s not about avoiding sadness, it’s actually about embracing the negativity in life while enjoying every moment you’re going through it.
Sounds challenging? Let’s just start with some really simple things you can do do feel happier and enjoy your life more:
- Massage. Who wouldn’t mind receiving a pleasant massage? No matter whether it’s performed by a professional or not keeping one of these little devices handy will roll away the stress.
- Talking with friends. When you talk to somebody who understands you very well and who can support you and help you whenever you need – this is true happiness. Humans are social animals, so these social connections will help satisfy your emotional needs.
- Walking. You need to spend time outdoors at least an hour a day. Walking outdoors can greatly improve your mood, helps you to keep fit and remain healthy, thus making you a little bit happier.
- Music. You should listen to music everyday. It can be classics or just a slow and calming melody, which will help you to relax and feel good.
- Avoid negative thoughts. Stop thinking only of bad things, get rid of your fears, try to be an optimist. Avoid negative topics for discussing. Don’t watch bad news on TV all the time. All this can make you depressed and not happy at all.
- Relaxing bath. Prepare a relaxing bath with rose petals and oils (if you want). Giving a little relaxation to your body will make you feel much happier.
- Meditation, as with other relaxation practices, raises the level of your energy and improves your mental health. Try to meditate at least once a day. It’s also very useful to meditate when out in the nature.
- Shopping. It increases the “happy chemicals” in the brain. I love to splurge in the beauty dept. I find that Algenist (Featured in Allure) has some pretty nice things that lift my spirits! Try the new Genius Liquid Collagen for plumping booster.
- Dancing. Any kind of dancing is a great thing to raise your mood, shake off negative emotions, express your sexuality, and become happier.
- Yoga. Yoga practice can soothe your mind and give you more energy. Doing it regularly can be a great step to a happier life. I love Gaiam Yoga DVD’s as my professional Yoga teacher at home!
- Providing help. No matter how strange it may seem, helping others is a great way to become happier. When doing this you feel positiveness inside you. You know that you’re doing something good.
- Reading. Read a good book. It’s especially useful to read stories about people’s lives. Studying their fate, you can better understand your own personality.
- Cooking. It’s a good thing when done together with your beloved. Doing something together will help you both to feel happier.
- Home. It’s not only a place where you sleep, it’s where you spend most of your time, you relax there, bring up your kids, etc. So do something for your home. Make it as comfortable and nice as you can.
- Plans. Making plans for your future is a powerful thing. There are no guarantees that all of them will be fulfilled, but the more you plan the bigger are the chances that you’ll succeed in your life.
- Picnic. Go on a picnic with your friends and family. Spend some time outdoors, enjoying nature, breathing fresh air and having fun.
- Water is a great generator of a good mood. Starting with a bath or a shower and ending with pools, lakes or seas – this is a great way to relax, feel happy and enjoy your life.
- Physical activity will not only help you to keep fit and remain healthy but will also improve your mood and will help you to get rid of stress.
- Healthy lifestyle. Bad habits negatively influence your life. And it’s not only smoking, it may be laziness, spending too much time watching TV, etc. And believe me, if you’re not healthy you are far from being happy.
- Diary. Keeping a diary will help you to analyze yourself, your failures and success, your relationship, work, etc. It’s a great way to understand yourself.
- Personal photos. Having a photo album is a great way to recollect on life, think of the happiest moments, thus being happy right now.
- Love. Yeah, love hurts, but it also gives wings. If you love and you’re loved, then you’re the happiest person is the world, aren’t you?
- Staying alone. Spend some time alone. It’s a good chance to think over your problems, to analyze your work, make plans for the future.
- Kids. What can be better than watching your kids grow, playing with them and making them smile and laugh? Isn’t it true happiness?
- Dignity. Be sure of your uniqueness, only then you’ll find your place in this world.
Remember, happiness isn’t a myth. It’s just all up to you. You build your own fate… and only YOU can do it. Stop trying to find happiness and start enjoying the little things in life to feel happy.