Savory Sweet Crispy Devine
Who doesn’t love a little piece of French anytime? Dress it up or dress it down, this Croissant receipt is guaranteed to satisfy your craving all from the oven in your kitchen. No time to cook you say? Well, this is easy, quick and good!
Depending on my mood I will add little bits of turkey pepperoni and cheese inside and top it a basil leaf. Or I will add chocolate chunks and white cheddar (my favorite) ~ taste kinda like the bread at La’Farm, and Drizzle it with dark chocolate or powder sugar. You can even fill it with Raspberry Jam or Apricot and raisins! Just thinking about this makes me all hungry all over again.
I would love to know whats your favorite thing to add to your Croissant, or do you prefer it plain and buttery?
- 1(1/4 ounce) package yeast (2&1/4 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4cup warm water
- 2egg yolks
- 1cup milk, lukewarm
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄3cups flour, about
- 1cup real butter
- 1egg white (beaten until frothy)
- Proof the yeast in the warm water and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks,stir in warm milk,sugar,salt, yeast mixture,and 2/3cup of the flour.
- Beat until smooth and set aside.
- Cut butter into remaining flour until partcles are the size of LARGE PEAS.
- Pour in yeast mixture.
- Mix lightly with a spatula just until flour is moistened.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- IT MUST BE COLD WHEN ROLLING OUT. If it gets too warm and the butter starts to melt, fold into thirds and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- Divide into thirds.
- Roll each into 16 inch diameter circle and cut into 12 pie shaped wedges.
- Roll wedges starting at the wide end.
- Place point side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with towel and let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- Brush each with beaten egg white.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or re-heat in low oven– do not microwave.
- Makes 36 small, but you can make as big as you want.